Mosbach, 06.07.2021 – Manufacturing companies rely on a wide range of IT applications to plan and produce efficiently. Ideally, such applications should be easily implemented in the existing manufacturing IT and combined flexibly with each other. MPDV's Manufacturing Integration Platform (MIP) can do just that, because the MIP provides the technological basis required. Existing systems can be integrated and operated further via interfaces thanks to the open platform architecture of the MIP. The customer selects new applications on the MIP Marketplace to add these to their existing manufacturing IT. Users can select applications from a wide range of manufacturing apps (mApps) necessary for their everyday production routine, but had not been available so far. Manufacturing companies also benefit from the fact that the ecosystem is constantly being expanded to include new suppliers and innovative mApps with a wide range of functions.
Manufacturing Apps for every requirement
MPDV was able to win five new partners for the MIP in the past few months alone. Our partners use artificial intelligence (AI) to prevent production scrap and plant downtime, maximize OEE, and motivate employees via gamification. Other mApps assist in digitizing the shop floor management or provide service employees with valuable information to solve problems. All these measures have one goal: to increase efficiencies.
Overall, a large number of suppliers are already represented on the MIP Marketplace with a total of around 50 applications. With the MIP as the functional infrastructure of the Smart Factory, companies gain maximum flexibility and opt for a future-proof IT architecture at the same time.
The new MIP partners in brief
- HeyDo Apps: Contributes to the digitization of the entire shop floor management by offering all relevant processes and data digitally.
- Empolis Service Express: Supports the service department to solve problems faster and to have the latest documents at hand at any time.
- SFM Systems: Empowers production employees to quickly make better decisions based on data.
- oee.ai: Compiles machine data in real time to identify potentials in shop floor productivity and to motivate employees to implement optimizations.
- PANDA: Facilitates the integration of AI applications into the MIP environment. This includes end-of-line control via computer vision with self-learning anomaly detection.