Quality assurance requirements have constantly increased over the years and continue to do so. Not only do these requirements ensure that products are manufactured at a specific quality grade but they also serve to permanently monitor and improve process quality. With the HYDRA In-Production Inspection module (FEP), quality assurance is an integrated process that runs in tandem with production management. The use of HYDRA FEP prevents redundant data storage in multiple systems. CAQ functions that are seamlessly integrated in an MES also provide a complete view - from goods receipt and through the entire manufacturing process to goods issue.
HYDRA FEP supports inspection planning, operator self-testing and determination of the usage decision. Additionally, evaluations of test results help identify trends and errors in the process at an early stage. HYDRA FEP detects causes of errors and identifies specific measures to help eliminate them before they occur by supporting a closed-loop process. This leads to a reduction of scrap related costs.
Benefits of in-production inspection with HYDRA FEP
- Greater reliability without additional effort and expense due to automatic calculation of inspection due dates
- Improved visibility of accumulated scrap reasons to identify root causes
- Less effort for staff as only one system manages production and CAQ
- Complete transparency of all quality inspections
- Robust process quality through proactive management of quality issues
- Lower production costs through reduction of scrap and rework
Many business units across the enterprise can benefit from an MES system such as HYDRA. Our ROI Analyzer reveals the untapped potentials that are still hidden within your production processes and will show you how they can be assessed monetarily.