In order to keep pace with increasing customer requirements, manufacturing companies need, among other things, greater flexibility when processing orders. This not only has an impact on production control, but also makes personnel scheduling considerably more complex. Flexible working hours and the assortment of required qualifications leave their mark on personnel scheduling. Common methods like manual planning boards or Excel tables cannot cope with current shift planning requirements. Instead, HR managers, shift supervisors and foremen need modern, digital tools to make optimum use of the most valuable resource in production: people.
- Lower costs due to demand-oriented personnel deployment
- Higher employee satisfaction through qualification-based scheduling
- Less effort in shift planning and greater transparency for all employees involved
- Realistic personnel planning through synchronization with personnel time management and detailed planning
- Reduction of personnel peaks required and avoidance of overtime and special shifts
Personnel scheduling with HYDRA PEP
On the one hand, HYDRA Personnel Scheduling (PEP) focuses on the personnel requirements triggered by open orders or workplaces to be occupied. On the other hand, HYDRA PEP also takes into account the true availability of staff and their qualifications. A Manufacturing Execution System (MES) such as HYDRA, with integrated detailed planning and personnel time management, provides all the basic data required for efficient personnel scheduling. At the same time, planning efforts are reduced significantly.
Many business units across the enterprise can benefit from an MES system such as HYDRA. Our ROI Analyzer reveals the untapped potentials that are still hidden within your production processes and will show you how they can be assessed monetarily.