Manual and automated data collection
Successful introduction and the utilization of manufacturing IT depends primarily on the degree of integration into the production environment and its ability to support the operator, fitter or supervisor. Forward-thinking systems such as HYDRA have numerous options for manual or automated data collection. Stationary terminals and mobile devices with touch screen or keyboard are used for this purpose. On the other hand, data can be automatically transferred from ID readers for RFID tags, barcodes, Legic or Mifare ID cards as well as from testing and measuring equipment. The highest degree of automation can be achieved with a machine connection directly picking up signals or implementing interfaces to control or host computer systems.
Apart from data collection, MES HYDRA also supports a paperless production. At a push of a button fitters or operators can call off important information like piece lists, inspection plans, work instructions, drawings etc. directly at the workstation. MES users can decide if they want to use specific data collection terminals, PCs or IPCs.
Benefits of the Shop Floor Integration Services
- Reliable data due to automated data collection or plausibility checks for manually collected data
- High acceptance of production-related IT systems due to ergonomic user guidance and marginal efforts to collect data
- Low investment due to simple machine connections
- Greater transparency and better responsiveness in the shop floor due to real-time data and information made available online
- Drastically reduced paper consumption due to electronic/digital information transfer