Also for the implementation phase, future MES users can choose whether they merely want to receive consultation in order to perform the implementation on their own or whether the MES experts at MPDV should take on this task. MPDV staff is highly experienced in the configuration of HYDRA functions, customization options as well as the customized development and programming of MES applications. Our experts also have a broad knowledge of classic IT and automation topics. In addition to services relating to the implementation of HYDRA applications, programming services can also be commissioned separately from MPDV products.
Support during MES integration
If needed, the MES experts at MPDV can provide support for the sizing and procurement of IT components that guarantee fault-free operation of the MES system in the future. Various technical questions must be answered upfront:
- Does the current IT landscape need to be expanded in order to introduce the MES?
- Which IT security measures must be put in place for MES operation?
- What should an emergency concept look like for a scenario in which IT components fail?
- What must be taken into account with regard to the network, the server, the office client and the data collection devices?
Also with regard to interfaces to the automation technology, the MES experts can rely on wide-ranging experience: Over the last few years, more than 25.000 machines from a variety of manufacturers have been connected to MES HYDRA. In addition, users benefit from MPDV’s expertise regarding interfaces to other IT systems such as ERP, HR or QM. Moreover, the MES experts can provide answers to issues relating to a system roll-out and can coach the project manager of the future user if necessary.
With the direct support of MPDV’s MES experts, a manufacturer can save its own internal resources during the introduction of the MES system. Here it is important that the requirements defined in the specifications are implemented exactly and that necessary interfaces are configured and put into operation.
The MES experts provide needs-based support for all tasks performed during an MES introduction:
- Integration into the existing IT landscape
- Setting up the interfaces to ERP, HR and QM systems
- Installing and commissioning of HYDRA programs
- Transferring master data from other systems
- Connecting machines, equipment and measuring devices
- Function test and go-live
Configuration and customization
The objective should always be to map individual requirements in the MES system in a way that the characteristics of a standard software program remain unchanged. MPDV’s MES systems offer a wide range of configuration and customization options to do so. For example, users can customize the design of user interfaces, evaluations, statistics and dialogs or reports and labels according to their needs.
The MES experts at MPDV offer services to perform the required tasks and to support any other issues:
- Customized design of intuitive user interfaces
- Mapping relevant MES processes using a wide range of configuration options
- Mapping customized requirements using various development tools
- Support during upgrades or modification of HYDRA standard function
There are application scenarios that do not belong to the standard portfolio of an MES. For this reason, they can only be conditionally mapped in the HYDRA standard. Alternatively, they need to be realized outside of HYDRA. Such scenarios
require individual programming. The MES experts master a wide range of programming languages based on many years of experience in the field and offer services to fit any need in this regard:
- ABAP/SAP development for custom applications in SAP systems
- Programs developed in Java, .NET and ASP.NET for customized MES upgrades
- Development of customized reports and analyses
- Development coaching when proprietary applications are designed