What began in 1977 as a two-man engineering office, has evolved over the years into a successful medium-sized company. Today, the MPDV group operates with fully-owned subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America and belongs with 500 employees worldwide to the leading providers of manufacturing IT. Discover our company history and learn more about the success story of the MES experts!
- The company is founded as an engineering office offering customized hard and software development
- First projects to collect machine data (MDE)
- Step-by-step development of systems for shop floor data collection (BDE), Time & Attendance (PZE) and shop floor scheduling (HLS)
- Market introduction of HYDRA: the first standard software for production and personnel management
- First implementation of an interface to SAP systems including certification by SAP, Inc.
- First DIN EN ISO 9001 certification
- Acquisition of INCA Industrial Computer Applications GmbH, Aschheim, Germany
- Development of CAQ competence through acquisition of CSI GmbH, Sindelfingen, Germany
- Expansion of competence in the plastics sector through the integration of IBN-SYSTEME GmbH, Pforzheim, Germany
- Foundation of the SAP Competence Center at MPDV
- Foundation of the VDI working group MES (Chair: MPDV)
- The first company-owned building in Mosbach, Germany
- Development of a ROI analyzer for MES solutions in cooperation with the University of Potsdam, Germany
- Foundation of the European MESA subsidiary MESA Europe (Chair: MPDV)
- Publication of the new VDI Guideline 5600 (Chair of the Technical Committee MES: MPDV)
- Foundation of MPDV Asia Pte. Ltd. (Singapore) and MPDV USA, Inc. (Chicago)
- Market launch "MES Cockpit"
- Publication of the 4-stage-model "Smart Factory"
- Market introduction of HYDRA Dynamic Manufacturing Control (DMC)
- 40th anniversary & expansion of the company headquarters in Mosbach, Germany
- New office building for the MPDV subsidiary in the Hamm, Germany
- Announcement of the Manufacturing Integration Platform (MIP)
Publication of the Smart Factory Elements model
Introduction of the new claim "We Create Smart Factories"
Foundation of the subsidiary AIMES, which develops and provides software components for artificial intelligence in the manufacturing sector
MPDV takes over the Felten Group and gains access to process production companies
- MPDV becomes a member of the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance
- Market launch of the Advanced Planning and Scheduling System (APS) FEDRA
- Nathalie Kletti, Jürgen Petzel and Thorsten Strebel become Executive Directors at MPDV