History of MPDV Mikrolab GmbH
What began in 1977 as a two-man engineering office, has evolved over the years into a successful medium-sized company. Today, the MPDV group operates with fully-owned subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America and belongs with 520 employees worldwide to the leading providers of manufacturing IT. Discover our company history and learn more about the success story of the MES experts!
- The company is founded as an engineering office offering customized hard and software development
- First projects to collect machine data (MDE)
- Step-by-step development of systems for shop floor data collection (BDE), Time & Attendance (PZE) and shop floor scheduling (HLS)
- Market introduction of HYDRA: the first standard software for production and personnel management
- First implementation of an interface to SAP systems including certification by SAP, Inc.
- First DIN EN ISO 9001 certification
- Acquisition of INCA Industrial Computer Applications GmbH, Aschheim, Germany
- Development of CAQ competence through acquisition of CSI GmbH, Sindelfingen, Germany
- Expansion of competence in the plastics sector through the integration of IBN-SYSTEME GmbH, Pforzheim, Germany
- Foundation of the SAP Competence Center at MPDV
- Foundation of the VDI working group MES (Chair: MPDV)
- The first company-owned building in Mosbach, Germany
- Rollout of the first modular MES system (HYDRA 7) based on the MES Weaver
- Foundation of the user association "HYDRA Users Group"
- Foundation of the MPDV Development Fund (MDF)
- First validation of HYDRA based on FDA requirements
- MPDV as a board member of the worldwide MES organization MESA International
- Development of a ROI analyzer for MES solutions in cooperation with the University of Potsdam, Germany
- Foundation of the European MESA subsidiary MESA Europe (Chair: MPDV)
- Publication of the new VDI Guideline 5600 (Chair of the Technical Committee MES: MPDV)
- Foundation of MPDV Asia Pte. Ltd. (Singapore) and MPDV USA, Inc. (Chicago)
- Market launch "MES Cockpit"
- Introduction of the new MES generation HYDRA 8
- MPDV as founding member of the MES D.A.CH Association (Chair until 2016: MPDV)
- Foundation of an MPDV subsidiary in Shanghai, China
- 40th anniversary & expansion of the company headquarters in Mosbach, Germany
- New office building for the MPDV subsidiary in the Hamm, Germany
- Announcement of the Manufacturing Integration Platform (MIP)
- Market introduction of Manufacturing Integration Platform (MIP)
- Expansion of the MPDV management board (German Press release)
- Foundation of an MPDV subsidiary in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Publication of the Smart Factory Elements model
Introduction of the new claim "We Create Smart Factories"
Foundation of the subsidiary AIMES, which develops and provides software components for artificial intelligence in the manufacturing sector
MPDV takes over the Felten Group and gains access to process production companies
- MPDV becomes a member of the Open Industry 4.0 Alliance
- Market launch of the Advanced Planning and Scheduling System (APS) FEDRA
- Nathalie Kletti, Jürgen Petzel and Thorsten Strebel become Executive Directors at MPDV
- MPDV launches HYDRA X, the new generation of MES, and revolutionizes the Smart Factory. The solution is platform-based and consists of an array of manufacturing apps (mApps). APS FEDRA and the MIP integration platform benefit from new features and technical improvements. From simple operations to complex applications — everything is possible with the new solutions!
- The textbook for digital manufacturing management hits bookstores. This book provides a hands-on explanation of the functions and the use of Manufacturing Execution Systems in production.
- MPDV's new Smart Factory Cloud Services make all products available as Software as a Service (SaaS).
- MPDV hosts the first Smart Factory Week under the motto "Let's get smart".
- MPDV Mikrolab GmbH celebrates its 45th anniversary: On October 3, 1977, the green light is given for a success story that continues to this day.
- The Smart Factory Society is founded. It brings together the HYDRA Users Group and further user associations under one roof. MPDV hosts the Smart Factory Society Conference for the first time.
- The MPDV Group proclaims the first World Smart Factory Day. With the Action Day on September 15, MPDV continues to pave the way to the Smart Factory and digital transformation as a pioneer.
- Another highlight is the launch of the interactive gaming app myFactoryMania, which is designed to bring not just young people and students closer to the Smart Factory in a playful way.