MPDV's APS FEDRA is a new platform-based software for innovative production planning, using state-of-the-art technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI). FEDRA is an advanced planning and scheduling system (APS) which allows simple operations and complex production orders to be planned quickly and flexibly.
FEDRA applies Reinforcement Learning, an established AI method, particularly when it comes to complex scenarios. FEDRA allocates a multitude of work processes efficiently using available resources.
- Making optimum use of production resources
- Optimize throughput times
- Minimize maintenance times and setup costs
- Improve labor utilization
- Maximize productivity
APS FEDRA is based on the Manufacturing Integration Platform (MIP) and works both as a stand-alone solution and in combination with MPDV's Manufacturing Execution System (MES) HYDRA. FEDRA communicates via an interface with the ERP and with the shop floor, allowing for easy multi-resource planning. FEDRA not only checks and secures primary resources such as machines or workplaces, but also the availability of secondary resources such as tools or scheduled personnel.
This includes basic functions for scheduling operations, personnel and machines as well as simple assistants, evaluations and the interfaces to the ERP and the shop floor.
- With FEDRA Interactive Planning you can replace your analog planning solution with a digital display featuring intuitive drag and drop operation.
- Assisted Planning contains functions providing transparency and helping you to plan efficiently.
- Integration Services secure the communication with other systems, i.e. the ERP, and also connecting the shop floor.
- Workload Analysis allows you to see instantly how busy your production is thanks to the graphic display.
Advanced Resource Planning
If further resources are required in the planning process, corresponding function extensions for tools, material or energy can be used.
- FEDRA Workforce Planning enables you to implement your personnel deployment planning independently of machine occupancy.
- Secondary Resource Planning also regards tools and auxiliary means in the planning and provides greater transparency.
- Use Integrated Workforce Planning to bring production planning in line with personnel deployment.
- With Predictive Material Planning, indirect order dependencies can be identified by checking material relationships. You can keep an eye on material supply with this function.
- Energy Demand Planning helps you to manage your peak loads and thus avoids penalties for energy procurement.
Advanced Scheduling and Optimization
FEDRA offers a range of functions for automatic planning using rules, objectives or Reinforcement Learning (AI). This also includes functions to simulate and evaluate different planning scenarios.
- AI Planning takes your automatic production planning to a whole new level by using Artificial Intelligence (Reinforcement Learning).
- With Rule Designed Planning you can define the rules for automatic planning yourself.
- Functions from Target Designed Planning enable you to perform target-driven, automatic planning based on key figures.
- You can use the Simulation function to compare different planning scenarios while productive operation continues.
Advanced Process Modelling
Detailed modeling of correlations and general conditions required for planning calls for structures such as campaigns or collective orders as well as the release of specific combinations of production resources.
- Functions from Campaign Planning help to reduce setup costs by optimizing the sequence of operations.
- You can use Connected Production Planning to plan several operations in parallel on one workplace and thereby achieve a higher machine utilization.
- Setup Optimized Planning calculates the setup times based on machine occupancy and helps to optimize the sequence. Overall, this makes the planning more realistic.
- Individual Verified Planning ensures that your production specifications are included in the planning process.
- You can use the Operation Splitting functionsto close gaps in the planning scenario more effectively and to achieve higher capacity utilization in production.
- Cross Order Planning depicts dependencies that apply to all orders in production planning and thereby give you greater planning security.
- You can use Multiple Resource Mapping to include both specific capacity demands and the actual available ones. This function also makes it possible to assign resources several times.
Thanks to the modular design, each user can decide which APS FEDRA functions they wish to use. The software can be extended at any time. In this way, a simple planning tool for work processes and machines is easily transformed into an innovative solution for complex production set-ups that can be planned automatically with the help of artificial intelligence.